Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I have wondered this for a while, Im not hating on cube or anything i love his music and hes a wonderful rapper. But i just wanna know cus in some of his song he says some racist things.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM

i think he used to be, i mean he was young and had every right to be mad, all he ever saw growing up was white people fuckin with black people, and then mix that with some muslim extremists, and there ya go... these days i think he realizes that not like EVERY white person is evil, so the days of songs like "cave bitch" and "enemy" are gone

2. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:13 AM

well back to the classick era i think Cube was a racist at some point, and i see why, lots of bad shit was happening at that time. but later things got changed a lil bit + he have huge fan base of white boys and girls (this forum to i think) so he changed his lyrics a lil bit. but sometimes u can hear some this type of shit things..

like for example take his last single - WHY ME

...And take my life, cause you got the power
    of the white man's gunpowder
    Cause you might face a gun tower...

i really dont understand why it must be white man powder lol. no, i dont feel any bad cuz of this, NO problems for me at all (and i LOVE THIS TRACK VERY VERY MUCH) but i just dont understand...

imho. no homo.

SA all day

3. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:51 AM

Sickdog wrote:
    well back to the classick era i think Cube was a racist at some point, and i see why, lots of bad shit was happening at that time. but later things got changed a lil bit + he have huge fan base of white boys and girls (this forum to i think) so he changed his lyrics a lil bit. but sometimes u can hear some this type of shit things..

like for example take his last single - WHY ME

...And take my life, cause you got the power
    of the white man's gunpowder
    Cause you might face a gun tower...

i really dont understand why it must be white man powder lol. no, i dont feel any bad cuz of this, NO problems for me at all (and i LOVE THIS TRACK VERY VERY MUCH) but i just dont understand...

imho. no homo.

SA all day[/quote

Who manufactures weapons be it guns or amunition in the States? the industry is run by white corporate America. There's no racist intent from what i understand gee, just stating facts. Cube isnt racist but criticises things done by top corportions and individuals who are predominantly white against the black community or black folks in general. He says it as it is not cause he's racist gee.

4. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Thanks for pointing it out lol im not white im spanish lol

5. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Have you looked at his 15,000+ members of his site? He has fans all around the world. How can anyone be in the business of entertainment and be racist? Do you think that he's been able to accomplish all the things he has, by allowing something as small as one's nationality or color of their skin effect his decisions? He travels all around the world to perform.

I'm sorry but this was just a silly post. Anyway, back to work!

Toodles!
    http://www.snailmymail.com

6. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:56 AM

||Niko|| wrote:
    Have you looked at his 15,000+ members of his site? He has fans all around the world. How can anyone be in the business of entertainment and be racist? Do you think that he's been able to accomplish all the things he has, by allowing something as small as one's nationality or color of their skin effect his decisions? He travels all around the world to perform.

I'm sorry but this was just a silly post. Anyway, back to work!

Toodles!
    http://www.snailmymail.com

True True
    *IceCube4Ever*

7. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM

SICK DOG ,GUN POWDER WAS INVENTED BY EUROPEANS THATS WHY HE SAYS THAT IN HIS SONG WHY ME...

8. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:09 AM

i know who invented this shit i just dont see the reason to say whitemans gunpowder, cuz all ppl use that shit, all over the world. but whatever, i dont really care.
    SA all day

9. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 5:53 AM

No Ice Cube isnt racist.......
    A on Lethal Injection he said (You all happy cuz u (black guy) out on a date (wit a white girl), but sooner or later the bitch will yell rape (a prime example is what happened to Kobe Bryant..the bitch yelled rape)...dont think that I hate you, cuz I wont date you, bitch I gotta stay true... You can be a fan, but dont expand, and try to get my dick in ya hand)

Does that help??

10. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Ice Cube Apprentice wrote:
    A on Lethal Injection he said (You all happy cuz u (black guy) out on a date (wit a white girl), but sooner or later the bitch will yell rape (a prime example is what happened to Kobe Bryant..the bitch yelled rape)...dont think that I hate you, cuz I wont date you, bitch I gotta stay true... You can be a fan, but dont expand, and try to get my dick in ya hand)

Does that help??

What song was that?

11. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Does that help??

what song was that?

12. Is Ice Cube Racist?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I don't think that Ice Cube is racist at all. I think he just tells you like it is, because he speaks his mind.
    BamaGirl :)

13. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Actually, the Chinese invented gunpowder. It doesn't really matter, though. Ice Cube is not racist, he hates ALL assholes.

14. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sat, May 29, 2010 at 5:30 AM

I think he says those things to make a point. Like in hood mentality he says: "fuck school nigga i'ma be a dope dealer" that is not what he thinks, but the way the youth thinks these days and that is something that has to change.

15. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sat, May 29, 2010 at 5:30 AM

vegas G wrote:
    I dont know were your from, but in ameriKKKa theres this thing called racisim, and its getting a little better but back in the day it was even worse, ICE CUBE just paints you lyrical pictures of what really goes on......sometimes it aint a pretty picture.

yes

16. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:18 AM

NOOOOO
    it is sh**

17. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:32 AM

He isn't racist.

Conversation closed.

18. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Sun, May 30, 2010 at 8:48 AM

IceBunGameNas wrote:

Does that help??

What song was that?

That song is called Cave Bitch

19. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Cube ain't racist. I feel some racist sounding things in his music are meant for other racist ppl

20. RE: Is Ice Cube Racist?

Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM