Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM

for me its fire cant wait for the album to drop

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Ca$hOnly wrote:
    "No Country For Young Men" is my favorite track from the whole album
    i'm not sure tough if it's better than Raw Footage...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------Ca$hOnly---------------------------------------------------------------------------

yea bro, i feel like i could listen to raw footage from start to end without skipping any tracks. we'll see if this albums gonna be the samee.

2. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:29 AM

moh230 wrote:
    i liked the whole album, maybe just 1 or 2 songs that i aint feeling but i looveee the album, cant wait to get it, and for all of you saying ohh this is southerrnnn and shytt, honestly, who gives a fuck bout the beats, thats how you know your not a true hip hop fan, look at the lyrics and when the lyrics sound southern then you can come to this site and talk shyt, this guy is 40 yearss, he isnt acting this is his life, he isnt going to say f%#^ this yeaa i get pssy every single dayy, yea he has a wife and hes gonna dedicate a song to her and he should have done it earlier, hes a human being, even cube said being gangsta isnt about shooting people and acting ghetto, its about saying what you feel, doing what you feel is right and not giving a f^$#^ if the government hates it or the police hates it. and thats the problem about todays world, they dont understand what cube means when he says "keep it gangsta", maybe most of you on this site don't even know what he meant (no offence). but yea the albums gonna be hot, and i like him more now since he became more political. and to be honest its an honour that cube is still one of the best that came out of the west coast cuz he represents that gangsta rap isnt all about shooting, crips, bloods, and all that stuff, he also represents the political side and how the government f%$#'s us up with tracks like "the nigga trap" and "why we thugs". and yea i gotta edmit cube did fall off after laugh now cry later and iam guessing its because the government and record labels and also people cant swallow the truth. styll got mad respect for cube for keepin it real and not selling out. peace

I didn't really have a problem with any of the beats myself (except "fat cat") however this is music we're listening to so i feel like your statement is flawed. Music is the combination of lyrics and beat. If we were only after lyrics we could listen to a poetry audiobook. Also, i don't know if you listened to the whole thing but he does ramble on about "' i get pssy every single dayy" (in fat cat) not two tracks away from a song he dedicates to his wife (Nothing Like L.A.)! All in all, i'm feeling this album but it can't touch Raw Footage, so it feels like a step backwards. Gonna buy it no matter what, yay yay!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the side!

3. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:44 PM

nil8r153 wrote:
    moh230 wrote:
    i liked the whole album, maybe just 1 or 2 songs that i aint feeling but i looveee the album, cant wait to get it, and for all of you saying ohh this is southerrnnn and shytt, honestly, who gives a fuck bout the beats, thats how you know your not a true hip hop fan, look at the lyrics and when the lyrics sound southern then you can come to this site and talk shyt, this guy is 40 yearss, he isnt acting this is his life, he isnt going to say f%#^ this yeaa i get pssy every single dayy, yea he has a wife and hes gonna dedicate a song to her and he should have done it earlier, hes a human being, even cube said being gangsta isnt about shooting people and acting ghetto, its about saying what you feel, doing what you feel is right and not giving a f^$#^ if the government hates it or the police hates it. and thats the problem about todays world, they dont understand what cube means when he says "keep it gangsta", maybe most of you on this site don't even know what he meant (no offence). but yea the albums gonna be hot, and i like him more now since he became more political. and to be honest its an honour that cube is still one of the best that came out of the west coast cuz he represents that gangsta rap isnt all about shooting, crips, bloods, and all that stuff, he also represents the political side and how the government f%$#'s us up with tracks like "the nigga trap" and "why we thugs". and yea i gotta edmit cube did fall off after laugh now cry later and iam guessing its because the government and record labels and also people cant swallow the truth. styll got mad respect for cube for keepin it real and not selling out. peace

I didn't really have a problem with any of the beats myself (except "fat cat") however this is music we're listening to so i feel like your statement is flawed. Music is the combination of lyrics and beat. If we were only after lyrics we could listen to a poetry audiobook. Also, i don't know if you listened to the whole thing but he does ramble on about "' i get pssy every single dayy" (in fat cat) not two tracks away from a song he dedicates to his wife (Nothing Like L.A.)! All in all, i'm feeling this album but it can't touch Raw Footage, so it feels like a step backwards. Gonna buy it no matter what, yay yay!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the side!

lol, bro i wasnt talking to you in perticular im just reffering to the adiuence in general and yea i know true say about that fat cat track, i didnt like it either but i still found it interesting since his flow is fast on that song. But when you compare it to ALL rappers no adays, cube says it maybe once or twice on an album, others say it 1000 times in one song. cube rarely says it any more or that kind of lyrics and about your statement about how beats dont matter, bro... i never said dont have beats and just talk on a track, yea have beats, without beats then the song wouldnt be a song... but i was just saying in general, i wasnt attacking you, and im pretty sure you thought i was cuz i used the statement about the..i dont even know i forgot lmaoo. but yea i was just speaking my mind, i wasnt tryna say ur not a true hip hop fann or somethin. But yea now adays alot of people just listen to a song cuz of the beat. and just block out the real lyrics, the reality of this world. But yea man i wish cube would be more not just about african americans being abused and the government in america, he should try and talk whats happenin around the world. and idk if i talked about this abovee cuz i dont remember shytt butttt about how he has a song about his wifee then after 2 tracks the fat cat track comes uppp. yea... bro he said " getting pussy all day", when he rambles onnn and onn of how he idk gets women drunk and f%$#'s them or something that lil wayne would do.... then yea okay fine that wasnt a good idea but it was only one sentence, i bet the song isnt about pussy.. or women lol., but still true say what u said, raw footage is better. peace

4. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM

moh230 wrote:
    lol, bro i wasnt talking to you in perticular im just reffering to the adiuence in general and yea i know true say about that fat cat track, i didnt like it either but i still found it interesting since his flow is fast on that song. But when you compare it to ALL rappers no adays, cube says it maybe once or twice on an album, others say it 1000 times in one song. cube rarely says it any more or that kind of lyrics and about your statement about how beats dont matter, bro... i never said dont have beats and just talk on a track, yea have beats, without beats then the song wouldnt be a song... but i was just saying in general, i wasnt attacking you, and im pretty sure you thought i was cuz i used the statement about the..i dont even know i forgot lmaoo. but yea i was just speaking my mind, i wasnt tryna say ur not a true hip hop fann or somethin. But yea now adays alot of people just listen to a song cuz of the beat. and just block out the real lyrics, the reality of this world. But yea man i wish cube would be more not just about african americans being abused and the government in america, he should try and talk whats happenin around the world. and idk if i talked about this abovee cuz i dont remember shytt butttt about how he has a song about his wifee then after 2 tracks the fat cat track comes uppp. yea... bro he said " getting pussy all day", when he rambles onnn and onn of how he idk gets women drunk and f%$#'s them or something that lil wayne would do.... then yea okay fine that wasnt a good idea but it was only one sentence, i bet the song isnt about pussy.. or women lol., but still true say what u said, raw footage is better. peace

Yeah i know it wasn't all directed at me man, just playing devil's advocate . Anyway, i respect your opinion - you're right for the most part. Peace.

You know the side!

5. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:07 PM

@nil8r153

LMAO nigga u typee fastt, i just came from school styll, it jus started for meee. andd NONE of it was directed to u >.>.

6. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:02 AM

On february 24th, Ice Cube said :

For 7 or 8 years now the West Coast has been trying to do music that appeals to the South and Mid-West. The words, "too West Coast" would be heard throughout the industry whenever our music was played. Even by our own dj's. Left coast MC's were now trying to change their sound to cater to all the followers. We lost our way. Thank God for b-boys like Snoop, The Game & WC for keeping the West alive, but we were all guilty of over reaching. No more. At least not from me.

Why did he change his mind ?
    I don't get it, and wish he had changed the album title.
    I'll still buy the record, but I feel many people will be fooled by its title.

7. Re: Ice Cube Sampler for I Am the West Album what yall think

Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:40 AM

nil8r153 wrote:
    wife-related song still feels out of place.

wtf is this stupid shit ? grow up noob and dont talk shit.
    SA all day