Eazy-E's last song...

Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:24 PM

was an Ice Cube diss track?! I'm not sure if this has been brought to the attention of anyone else, but I found this out! Below is two quotes from an interview with DJ Yella (N.W.A's DJ and producer) on Dr. Dre's Aftermath web site;

Aftermathmusic.com:
Is it true that Dresta bought the last remaining (unheard) Eazy tracks off you?

DJ Yella:
No. I got the last Eazy track which is never coming out. I got the last. I made his last 2-3 songs. There’s 1 or 2 that Ruthless has, that I don’t think it’s been out yet. But I got 1 track that nobody has. It was actually a diss.

Aftermathmusic.com:
A Diss?

DJ Yella:
Yeah. It was a diss to Cube. And I’ll never release that. So that’s a track which nobody will hear.

Cube and E squashed their beef in late '94 or early '95, a few months after Eazy came public with the AIDs diginosis, which he died from a month after coming out. "It's On" was released by Eazy in '93, dissing Dre. That means somewhere between '93 and late '94 (Eazy told the public in February of 1995), E was still holding onto the Ice Cube beef! This is well after Dre left Ruthless, N.W.A had already broken up, and two years "Death Certificate" (which was the last time Cube openly dissed Eazy-E). Around this same time, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube were trying to work out a reunion with E and Yella without getting Heller involved.

Jesus Christ Eazy, why hold onto something THAT long? Twenty dollars says Eazy-E would have released that diss track to try and re-spark the beef just to get his name back out. I mean, two years later, Cube was successfully going solo and never looked back.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Eazy-E's last song...

Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I have unreleased Eazy-E songs
    a few diss tracks
    and some collaborations.

RIP Eazy-E

Eazy-ECPT.com

2. Re: Eazy-E's last song...

Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:04 PM

It was recorded in late 1994.
    It was 5 times (Yeah, literally 5 times stronger) stronger diss then Real Muthaphukkin G's 2 Dr. Dre.
    Looks like it was produced by DJ Yella (Might be the reason he doesn't want 2 release it cuz he is dissin Ice Cube too?)
    Song is called ''Heat Melts Ice''.
    It is said when Ice Cube heard this track after Eazy-E's death he cried (Rumor, nothing confirmed)
    This is according 2 info what DJ Yella has given.
    I can't even imagine have much I would give 2 hear this song!
    I'm just interested what Eazy-E thought of Ice Cube.

3. Re: Eazy-E's last song...

Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I'd like to know if there are still available copies of Dirty Dancing. As one of the Darwin Girls, I really want to watch it. Besides, the movie and I have something in common: we’re both entertaining! Amanda by the way.

Newsletter Signup