Rate Ice Cube's album "I Am The West" and WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"

Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Rate both albums and tell us what you think.
rate 5 for classic...1 for bad.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album

Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I Am The West: 3.5 out of 5
    Favorite track: Too West Coast

Revenge of The Barracuda: 5 out of 5
    Favorite track: D Boy

Cubes album sounded like a mixtape.

$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$
    Keep It Gangsta Yall!!
    $-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$-$

2. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album "I Am The West" and WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"

Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Ca$hOnly wrote:
    mav72 wrote:
    I like both of them but I feel Cube's album could have been better but "people" didn't come trough for him...
    So I give it a 4...

I think Dub C's album was more cohesive... Sh*t bangs!
    So I give it a 5...

if we count the bonus tracks too ...yes it's a 4! otherwise it's a 3 for I AM THE WEST
    Definetly 5 stars for REVENGE OF THE BARRACUDA!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hip-Hop is like wine, older is better!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea, you're right... I forgot I had to add in the bonus tracks....

3. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album "I Am The West" and WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"

Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 11:09 PM

i am the west 4/10

Revenge of The Baraccuda 7/10
    SA all day

4. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album "I Am The West" and WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"

Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Cubes album was dope
    couldve been better.
    Rate = 4

WC's Album was str8 dope man
    fav track was 'The Spot Ft. Young Maylay" It had that ghetto old school vibe haha
    Rate = 5 ;)

5. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album

Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Bit dissapointed in I Am The West.
    Predator set the standard for me, and i think The West is definately missing the lyrical content I'm used to hearing from Cube.

Rate 2.

Havent got Dubbs, but i'll keep an eye out for it.
    BONeZ

6. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album "I Am The West" and WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"

Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Both Albums are SAFE!!!! Both at 5!! Everyone else can Drink The Kool Aid!!!!!

7. Re: Rate Ice Cube's album "I Am The West" and WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"

Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I feel all of your opinions on both albums. When I first got Cube's "I Am The West", I felt disappointed with it and gave it a 2 out of 5. But thanks to tracks such as "Too West Coast", "I Rep That West", "No Country For Young Men", "Life In California", and "Nothing Like L.A."; I boosted it up to a 4 out of 5. Some of the beats in the album were Hyphy, and in my ears opinion; Cubes flow just does not sound that good wit hyphy beats like the track "Ya'll Know How I Am". And as for the "I Rep That West" music video; i was disappointed. The cowboys, cowgirls, horses, and saloon environment was tooooooooooo Hollywood for me. Hope Cube takes it back to the streets on his next album. On a respective point, I know that Cube makes different sounds for all his fans, so I still give those tracks some credit.

Now for WC's "Revenge of The Baraccuda"; 5 out of 5. Shit got me walkin to it while driving in my car on the first track. Great freestyle opening in the beginning. Track 7 "Stickin to the Script"s beat could have been better. Great crossover track wit Juvenile in "Hustla". On the last track "Dub C", WC's rap flow just went berserk. The down side to the track was the opera hook.

Newsletter Signup