Cube SUBMITS???

Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:19 PM

I was listening to "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" and really digging the lyrics (as usual) until Cube went off on that Allah bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I ain't just hating Islam- it ain't any worse than the rest. I just think a MAN don't need to beleive in ghosts no more. Islam, which means Submission (in this case Submission to a book with some pretty crazy ideas- does he think slavery is ok?) just don't seem real gangsta to me... seems kinda scared. Anyone know what's up with Ice Cube and Islam?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Cube SUBMITS???

Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:51 AM

I saw on internet, that Ice Cube joined Islam some years ago... :-(

2. Re: Cube SUBMITS???

Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:29 AM

So ghost stories arent the same for you now, then as it was when you was a kid? Speaking of ghosts & goblins, I thought on Cubes Dr. Frankenstein song, I thought the hook was saying "Its Allah" or "its a lie", but it was saying "its alive." Many of the major organized religions mention someting about slavery. Getting off the topic alittle, I like a quote from a popular so-called atheist that said its better to be a mortal free man then an immortal slave. Nothing to do with much, but whenever I here the words religion, submission, and slavery, or the God concept, especially that quote always come to mind.

I've heard the same about Cube bein' Muslim for awhile. I was thinking he said in a interview back in the day that he wasnt into all of Islam's current reptitive rituals and etc.

3. Re: Cube SUBMITS???

Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:15 PM

hey icecube
    you man you are from my best actors
    i like all your movies
    iam from egypt
    i have 4 movies for you and i want get all your movies

4. Re: Cube SUBMITS???

Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Cube's not Muslim, but he was a member of the Nation of Islam. Nowadays Allah is the Arabic word for God in general not the Islamic name of god which it originally was. Cube could just be talking about god in general. I had Cristian neighbours who called Jesus "Allah" when talking in Arabic.

5. Re: Cube SUBMITS???

Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Is that untrue fact really so depressing that you had to use that smiley?

What's wrong with Islam? Every religion is flawed in some way, usually because the followers make it so (i.e. extremists). While this doesn't change the religion it does affect it's public image. So unless you or anyone else who bags Islam is an atheist, please shut up.

If you didn't mean to disrespect Islam, i apologise for responding as such, and instead direct this message to others who DO mean to disrespect.