Explicit Lyrics

Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I'm from Fresno, CA and reside in Nashville, TN. I joined the military to get out of the streets and started a family. I been a fan of Ice Cube since he started gangsta rap.
I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but I heard Ice Cube's new song "Hood Mentality" and felt that my teens needed to hear it. I have a 13 and 14 year old boy and girl. They have never wanted for nothing, so you know they spoiled as hell. When I first played the song, my daughter thought the beginning was creepy. Then the beat came on and my son was boppin his head until Cube started his gangsta rap and he realized that heyyyyy, this is not cool!
My point is, thanks for being real. You really got my kids dumb founded.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Explicit Lyrics

Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM

I know what you talking about bro, i am from Nottingham UK, and i was in the streets with my homeboys starting fights, until i started listening to ice cubes raps earlier this year and they just turned my life around daeg i mean it, i started thinkin well hold up there ain't no need to do all of this shit that i was doing, so i listened to Ice Cubes music more and more and relized that there is other things i could be doing with my life. So i owe it all to Cube aswell, and trust me dawg i know where you are coming from.

Newsletter Signup