ice cube are you muslim

Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 4:39 PM

hey ice how you doing man i have all your movies with out 2 movies you are my best actor and you are so funny and so good fighter with your fantastic muscles and you are good rapper or hiphoper huhuhuhu but i want ask you question and i hope you reply it are you muslim or christian....... in alot of sites they are say that you call your self natural muslim and you dont do the rituals and dont go to the mosque you know what iam a muslim and i hope to know the truth if you are muslim or christian and beleive that if you are muslim or christian you will still my best actor cuz iam not racist and i hope you to be the best actor you and all the black actors

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:14 AM

the answer is ... no

if you search these forums, I have listed several songs with lyrics where Ice Cube answers this question and the answer has always been, no, he is not a Muslim.

2. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:36 AM

Now I'm confused. I heard somewhere he converted 1992 to Islam. Is that just a bad joke ?

3. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:17 AM

he may have opinions that fall in line with them, but listen to "When Will They Shoot?"

he clearly says.. "And you ask if I'm a five-percenter, well...
    No,"

and we know a "five percenter" is a reference to The Nation

also, I will dig up the other song and post it here, there is another song where he makes mention of Muslim and that he is not one. I forgot that lyric right now, but I will find it and post it.

4. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:24 AM

"I ask whether - having converted in the early 90s - he's still Muslim himself. "Yeah. Oh yeah." And still involved with Nation of Islam, the militant faction he once called "the best place for any young black male"? This time he hesitates. "Ah, when you say involved with the Nation, it's tricky. I never was in the Nation of Islam... I mean, what I call myself is a natural Muslim, 'cause it's just me and God. You know, going to the mosque, the ritual and the tradition, it's just not in me to do. So I don't do it."

~excerpt from an interview

5. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:28 AM

here it is, from "The Predator"....

"You call me a Muslim, no, I am not a resident"

6. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 6:09 AM

Alright, thanks :)

7. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:15 AM

He is a muslim, listen to his lyrics man.

His latest album Raw Footage has so many references to him being muslim I tink its no doubt that he is

From Gangsta rap made me do it:

"Becuz me and allah go back like cronies
    I don't got to be fake becuz he is my homie"

8. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 5:00 AM

i well end this now ice cube not muslim he have som behaviors is not acepteble in islam

9. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 5:54 AM

that still makes him a muslim, only allah can judge somebody. You cant

10. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM

Big CO.SIGN!!

he can do things there's not accepted in islam, but he can still be a muslim, like if you're a muslim and sometimes dont dare to pray Only ONE prayer, but that's not accepted neither, but you can still be a muslim!

anyways i beleave Cube is muslim, but i don't think he's a REALLY Beleavin' one, who knows, he havn't mentioned GOD as many times as in Raw Footage, maybe he's beleaving now! Who knows!

11. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Why is everyone still discussing it? WestSiiiiide answered the question long ago, satisfactorily i believe. Anyway, to sum it all up:

Ice Cube is NOT a muslim in the sense that he does not pray 5 times a day, fast in Ramadan nor has he shown plans to make the pilgrimage to Makkah. However "...what I call myself is a natural Muslim, 'cause it's just me and God" indicates that he may support some of the ideals.

Hopefully I've cleared this up rather than made it more confusing :blink:

12. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM

thanks nil8r153 for the backup..

yeah, I thought it was VERY clear given I quoted his own words versus those that read into his words.

MANY people use words like Allah, and are not Muslim, just to make reference to a higher power like God. Heck, think of the number of references to God Cube makes on this new album. Dozens! Does that prove him to be a Christian then using your logic?

13. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 4:02 AM

well nobody knows if he got plans about a pilgrim to mekkah or he does pray as "much" he can or if he fast aswell.. anyways he can stil be a muslim eventhough he doesn't pray 5 times a day! you're a muslim if you JUST beleave this:

Allah is the ONLY god & Mohammed (PBUH) his messenger..

but then he might not be able to pray the 5 times a day.. or who knows if he even does??

and yes nil8r153, i do totally AGREE with you about WHY do we discuss this!!?? it doesn't MATTER!!! cube is cube no matter what he does!

14. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 7:51 PM

i hope u see his last video why me ? it's a proof that ice cube is muslim & that ice cube is still the rapper n°1

15. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM

*sigh* I knew as soon as i watched that video and then come here saying "i told you so". I'm not even gonna justify the comment with a decent reply.

EDIT: Cube is the number one rapper though, that i agree with.

16. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:35 PM

And i just wanna clear something up for any people who comment on this thread in the future. I am not Ice Cube and i don't know what his beliefs are. Nor am i a Muslim-hater, as i myself am a Muslim. While it would be cool if Cube was Muslim, all signs indicate he isn't.

17. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 1:53 AM

hehe well there's NO reason to blame you if what yoou THINK is wrong, actually none of us can be sure about it! but i agreeee with you in it whole that post ;)

18. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:19 AM

Hi guys, I am able to emphatically confirm that Cube is a Muslim.

19. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 5:06 PM

Well Wikipedia says that he converted to Islam.
    And I think that he is a muslim.
    So what if he doesn't goes to mosque or as someone says he does things that aren't "acceptable" in Islam. I am a muslim and I never go to mosque. And I still call myself a muslim.

20. Re: ice cube are you muslim

Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:43 AM

some of you are so hard headed, it is amazing..

1. how does the video Why Me 'prove' he is Muslim - because it has Middle East visuals? Good God, that is such a stretch to assume that!

2. Many of you are just glossing over the QUOTED and PRINTED 1-on-1 interview with Cube where he says he is not a Muslim

3. Wikipedia? Are you kidding? ANYONE can edit a Wikipedia entry... what does that prove? But, if you want to use that as proof, you best read it and read it again, "I mean, what I call myself is a natural Muslim, 'cause it's just me and God. You know, going to the mosque, the ritual and the tradition, it's just not in me to do. So I don't do it." - if you can't figure it out from there, I do not know what to tell you.

4. some of you, with no proof, no quotes, just say "well, I know he is" - you have no credibility whatsoever when you just state that and offer no proof.

Personally, I do not care if he is or is not, but the answer seems so clear, just not sure why it really matters either way, but it is annoying as hell those of you that claim to say he is for sure.. but offer no proof versus the abundant proof - from quotes to songs to movie rolls to behaviors - that show he is not.

Newsletter Signup