Mr. Short Khop

Sat, May 24, 2008 at 8:22 AM

I'm new here. Been following Cube's career for a long time. I have almost everything he's ever released - just short of maybe a couple single singles. Even got to see him on the UP IN SMOKE tour. He was amazing - as always.

One thing that always bothered me was the falling out between Cube and Short Khop. Anyone know what happened? I think it had to do with a dispute with the owner of Heavyweight Records or some shit. Anyway, I HEARD he dissed Cube and that's what ended it.

Well, If this is true I guess Khop should have kept his mouth closed, because now he's not doing anything.

I really liked the War and Peace disc - I thought there were a lot of tight joints on there. I was a little let down when Cube didn't do ANY of the material off of there when he performed live...

Anyway...Have a good memorial day weekend. Be safe.

POP

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Mr. Short Khop

Sun, May 25, 2008 at 4:43 PM

"Dubcnn: Another artist we used to see you around a lot was Mr Short Khop, he made a banging record but then disappeared, you still talk to him?

I don’t deal with Mr Short Khop no more, Short Khop chose to go with the co-owner of Heavyweight and I don’t deal with that dude no more so I don’t know what Short Khop is doing, I met Short Khop through the co-owner of heavyweight so…

Dubcnn: You two did some good shit together but thats it huh?

Yea that’s it, a lot of people cant keep up with me man and um if you can’t keep up, I cant drag you, na mean? You gotta keep up, stay at the top of your game, be smart. You lose any of them I can’t slow down for you, I gotta leave you I’m sorry."

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/icecube/

Sounds like Khop chose Mack 10 over cube or something..

EDIT: Misread that, my new analysis is that after Mack 10 left the WSC, Cube had no longer had any affiliation with Heavyweight and I think Khop was signed with Heavyweight, so...

2. Re: Mr. Short Khop

Sun, May 25, 2008 at 5:48 PM

That's cool. I knew some shit happened. Thanks for the response.

If Khop DID do any shit-talking about Cube, he was a fool for that.

3. Re: Mr. Short Khop

Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:50 PM

no real loss..

he wasn't all that to begin with. was kind of surprised Cube even took him under his wing to be honest.

Newsletter Signup