Oprah!

Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Do you think if invited to Ms O's show as a guest would he (Ice Cube) accept the invite?
If Yes or No why? Hmm....

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Oprah!

Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:12 AM

...I think much of it depends on his schedule and the "reasoning" behind the invite at this particular point in the game. It's not like she decided to have him on when he released his first few solo joints.

....At this particular point in time, Cube doesn't really need to go on Oprah. (this comment is completely unbiased as I have no major issues with Oprah).

2. Re: Oprah!

Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Like you stated I feel the gentleman doesn’t have time to meet with her. Her reasoning should be (besides his music his movies have hit some definite points on what’s going on in our society) plus he’s a good businessman. I don’t have any issues with her I just feet she has snubbed him. Just venting a little bit

3. Re: Oprah!

Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:43 PM

...No prob with the venting. I feel what you're sayin' though. At the end of the day though, it's still her show and she runs it the way she wants. She's obviously doing what works for her. Know whut I'm sayin'?

4. Re: Oprah!

Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Your logic is reasonable, but i think that she thinks that he is perpetuating the black "gangsta" stereotype and that's why she won't invite him. Who cares, her show sucks.

5. Re: Oprah!

Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM

I agree, Cube is Cube and will always be Cube. Oprah or not. He don't need her and she don't need him. She didn't just snub him, she snubbed rap in general. Does anyone remember when Luda was on her show because he was in the movie Crash? She treated him like a second class citizen because of his "lyrics" as she stated on the show.:mad:

6. Re: Oprah!

Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Oprah can suck a fat dick as far as I'm concerned and she is nothing more than a self righteous snob.
    Her and most of "white america" hate rap and the lyrics but they hate guys like Cube and Pac even more because some of their spits hit on the truth and that just can't be tolerated in this "free country".

As far as the last home boy's comments on rap having anything remotely to do with being "homeless", thats just a moronic statement. I don't think listening to raps ever made anyone "homeless".

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"

7. Re: Oprah!

Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM

It wouldn't suprise me if he went on the show if invited. Cube has made a career of doing the unexpected, and it would be just like him to show he's the bigger person. I can't think of a better artist, businessman, person to rep us than him - so I'd want him to go.

Newsletter Signup