Raw Footage is out!!

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:43 AM

so the new album has dropped. :) after being delayed, it 'officially' released today. thanks to his MySpace page, I actually heard it all yesterday before getting it on iTunes today - support Cube and buy his album today.

anyway.... I have listened to it just 1 time and will again today a few times for sure. There are certainly some traxs I like and do not like I could tell right off. I will reserve my final opinion until I listen to it all again a few more times as I often find songs I do not like, I end up liking in the end. It is certainly political in lyrics, and I love that, but I like it lyrical AND hard and some of the songs are easy going beats like Stand Tall. solid lyrcis no doubt, with like a 70's theme going on. but not as 'raw' as I expected for a song on this album. totally different that GRMMDI for example - that is truly raw.

anyway... chime in here. I will more as I give it another few listens. Either way, I am pumped we have a new album and I support him no doubt.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM

LOTS of references to God throughout the album... I can dig that, but it is unexpected. nice to see the man getting props.

2. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Yeah its a really good album in the mini booklet on the last page it has a ice cube hoodie there were can i buy this?

3. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Yay Yay:excl::excl::excl::excl::excl:

Tight album, so so gangsta:excl:

4. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:23 AM
  5. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:24 PM

wow.. they removed all the new songs from his MySpace page. just the other day, ALL the songs from the album were there to listen to and now, it is just back to the ones they prereleased. I wonder if they :excl: up and accidentally put all the songs on there and I just happened to hear them all.

6. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:57 AM

It was probably to advertise the goods... They would have removed it so people buy the album instead of going to myspace to listen to it. Loving the bonus tracks by the way, have you heard them? "Crack Baby?" is an excellent song.

7. Re: Raw Footage is out!!

Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM

It's got a 70's feel because [i think] it is a 70's beat and chorus, with Cube singing the verses. Like "Growing Up"...

Newsletter Signup