when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM

let me be honest with you people, I've been an ice cube fan since last year.
i heard a good track of cube on gta san andreas
so i started listening at more tracks and so i became a huge fan of him

so my question is:

Keep up the good work :biggrin:

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Been a Fan of Cube Since NWA-Into No Vaseline-Boyz n the hood! Through the good and bad...Diggin on the small venue concerts he does for HIS FANS! Go Get Em Cube Rep That WEST!

2. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM

since 1992

3. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sat, May 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM

let me be honest too , i'm 16 so i didn't grow up when nwa was poppin' so i'm kinda sad about that lol but anyway i became a fan of cube right after i heard WHY WE THUGS ,and since than he's my favourite rapper!

4. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sat, May 1, 2010 at 2:35 AM

it was 1996 when i heard first time The Predator and Westside Connection

5. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Honestly Since he was in NWA his the best...

6. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Fri, May 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM

I STARTED TO LISTEN TO CUBE CUZ I HAD 2 DREAMS ONE WAS THAT I SAW EAZY IN THE STORE.THE SECOND DREAM WAS THAT EAZY GOT MAD AT ME AND WENT AT IT SO I HAD TO KILL HIM.AFTER THAT IVE BEEN A HARD FAN BUBPIN N.W.A AND ICE CUBE(HOW TO SURVIVE IN SOUTH CENTRAL)MY LIFE.(BUT IN MEXICO)

7. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sat, May 8, 2010 at 2:12 AM

I've been a fan since 1989 when I got Straight Outta Compton. Actually I had Eazy E's Eazy Duz It album first, but I heard Ice Cube's name on it and knew he wrote a lot of the lyrics (and he did one of the old men's voices on Still Talkin' Shit). So I got Straight Outta Compton to hear him and more of MC Ren. Those 2 albums were my favorite rap albums until Amerikkka's Most Wanted came out.

The funny thing is that I'm from Canada, and in Canada back then Priority Records had no distributor, so you could only buy Eazy Duz It, Straight Outta Compton, Amerikkka's Most Wanted, and Death Certificate at special import stores downtown. So I would take the bus from my suburb to downtown to go buy them. I started taking orders from kids at my elementary school, got cash from them, then would go downtown and buy the cassettes for them, and bring them back to the suburbs. So I was like the little 12 year old underground distributor. I think that import situation continued until Ice Cube did the Lollapalooza tour in '92, because I remember after that you could buy his stuff anywhere at regular non-import prices. I bought the Predator cd for $15, but until that point the CASSETTE would have cost $15 (a regular non-import was $6.99-9.99).

Damn, this is Ice Cube history, but also my history. I grew up on Ice Cube.

8. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sun, May 9, 2010 at 3:29 AM

I am a fan over 16years beqeuse he is not just a rapper but a pro in da game and his lyrics are real life and the helped me treu roff days
    RAP IS NEVER CONNA CHANGE BEQEUSE OF A SYSTEM PS FUCK DA COPS

9. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sun, May 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM

a freind in my old school told me fuck off with the whack rappers that other peeps listen too. they are only mainstream. ice cube is oldschool shyt. sine 2006 im a big cube fan. i wish i could tell him that im now an cube fan but i never see him again.

14 april 2009 a dream comes thru 4 me cuz i was on a concert of cube in cologne ! it was the shyt !
    WEST = THE BEST

10. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sun, May 9, 2010 at 2:22 PM

about 10 years
    WESTSIDE 4 Ever

11. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Sun, May 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I became a fan of Cube when my older brother played Dopeman I was hooked. After Amerikkk'as Most Wanted that certified me as a fan for life.

12. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I became a fan of Cube around '91-'92 thanks to my cousin who was heavily into Hip Hop. But when "Bow Down" came out thats when i really got into bein a fan of the music. I remember always sayin the lyric "aBout to drop the bomb im tha muthafuckin Don, big fish in a small pond" that shit stayed wit me.

13. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM

i am ice cube fan when iwas 12 years old now im 32 so 20 years listening ice cube music

14. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM

i am a ube fan when i was 12 years old now im 32 so i have 20 years listening ice cube gangsta rap

15. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:02 AM

wesselk wrote:
    let me be honest with you people, I've been an ice cube fan since last year.
    i heard a good track of cube on gta san andreas
    so i started listening at more tracks and so i became a huge fan of him

so my question is:

Keep up the good work :biggrin:

same as you
    i first heard Ice Cube on GTA San Andreas where there where a few tracks by him, i liked 'em a lot and started diggin out, documenting my self until i got to the roots of hip-hop

16. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:20 PM

in 89 a friend had a tape with ezy duz it & straight outta compton on it & i was hooked i was the first person in Australia to get amerikkkas most wanted the lady at sound world was into hip hop she told me the first solo album for cube was coming out so i put in the order it cost me $36.95 on record thats right wax,i still have the album to this day,i started listening to hip hop in 86 when i was 12 melle mel,flash,kool herc,stetsasonic when i heard n.w.a i was blown away since goin solo he has never failed.No one has the skillz or stamina to match he is gangsta rap.
    into ths shit since 86

17. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM

God damn it was since long time ago summer 1995-96 don`t remeber but i think it was "Dead Homies", it was first time when i hear RAP music, and if somebody talk`s RAP or GANGSTA i`m thinking Ice Cube, and don`t wanna hear about Dr.Dre with all respect i now who it is, but 4mine he does`n match Cube. And Cube and his music it`s one of the kind.

18. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:09 PM

For 2 years my sis got me into his music
    Kitten :)

19. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:21 AM

SINCE I WAZ 11
    AND IM 27
    AND
    I CANT WAIT TILL IM LIKE 80 YEARS OLD AND STILL PISSIN MY NEIGHBOURS OFF WITH GANGSTER RAP. FIGURE BY THEN, I'LL HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO BLAST IT.
    huh?

20. RE: when did you become a fan of ice cube?

Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I became a fan back in 1986 when cube 1rst dropped with nwa, me and my homies used 2 BUMP nwa on the way 2 las vegas high school.........

Newsletter Signup