"I Am The West" Talk

Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM

a thread for anything to do with cube new album.
what does everyone think of the name?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE:

Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I'd be cool with that title but he needs have some west coast production on the album along with some west coast features other wise it don't make sense. Like Snoops last album Malice In Wonder Land for example, it had a dope cover that looked like something you'd see on a Lil Rob album or on one of them lowrider shirts, then on the inside he's sitting next to the Straight Outta Compton and Eazy-Duz-It Records but then the music was totally different, more south than anything else; false advertizing. So if Ice Cube is going to name it something having to do with the west coast then he needs to come off like he's from the west coast. It annoys me when I see west coast artist name their song/album west coast this or west coast that and then when you listen to it they sound like they're from everywhere else but west coast; no wonder why the west isn't on top right now. But to answer you question, yeah the title sounds good but if the album sounds like his last 2 albums did (good albums but were missing that west coast sound except on a couple of tracks) then I would have to disagree with the title. I don't think the title will fit the album from the sound of the 2 tracks he put up on the video where he's in the studio (specially the second song) that's just IMO.

" Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin' " - DJ Quik

2. RE:

Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM

i thinks its cool, but i think westcoast warlord woulda been cool

3. RE: Can`t Wait for Fresh Cube

Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:01 PM

The most beautiful in all this is waiting for the next album, and every time Ice Cube throws on his knees. For me, Raw Footage and Laugh Now, Cry Later is saga, and what the next album? Let it be first.

4. RE:

Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Lame Name. There are another MCs in the West who are very skilled too.
    Since it's 2010, It should be called 'The New Hip Hop Decade'. His album should have G-Funk production like in Lethal Injection and hardcore style like Death Certificate, if it's possible. Plus Cube should quit playing in lame children movies.

5. RE: RE:

Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Westside_Ridah wrote:
    Lame Name. There are another MCs in the West who are very skilled too.
    Since it's 2010, It should be called 'The New Hip Hop Decade'. His album should have G-Funk production like in Lethal Injection and hardcore style like Death Certificate, if it's possible. Plus Cube should quit playing in lame children movies.

i dont think its lame i think is awesome, plus cube is tha west coast king :D

6. RE:

Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I think the name is cool as long as he stays true to the name. No south or east coast collabos west coast production have dre produce some tracks then it will be crackin'.

7. RE:

Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM

yeah its a good name cube will work hard on this one just keep it west coast features b real, warren g, wc, mc ren, dre, snoop, king t, the game. ect ect

8. RE:

Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:24 AM

This Name is cool I Am The West