"I Am The West" Talk

Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM

a thread for anything to do with cube new album.
what does everyone think of the name?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE:

Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:17 AM
  2. RE:

Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM

"For 7 or 8 years now the West Coast has been trying to do music that appeals to the South and Mid-West. The words, "too West Coast" would be heard throughout the industry whenever our music was played. Even by our own dj's. Left coast MC's were now trying to change their sound to cater to all the followers. We lost our way. Thank God for b-boys like Snoop, The Game & WC for keeping the West alive, but we were all guilty of over reaching. No more. At least not from me."

I don't think we have anything to worry about when it comes to Ice Cube either sounding west coast again or keeping up with the south trend. According to this quote from Ice Cube's album title announcement, it sounds like he's gonna try to have more of a west coast sound and not try to do what everyone else is doing. If Cube stays true to the album title and to what he said in his blog then I think we'll have a new Ice Cube west coast classic come July. Has he mentioned in any of his posts/blog who he plans to work with production wise or feature wise? I'm dying to know. Hey Cube if you want some west coast production I got you.

" Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin' " - DJ Quik

3. RE:

Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM

i seen in a video he was working with dizmix
    i think the reason i like cubes albums so much is because they mainly have the same producers on the album, so it can go for a theme and be created with the same sound and not sound like songs chucked onto a cd.
    so i would hope to have good west side producers but not to many.

4. RE:

Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Cube is the only guy that can use that title AND have it be true. no doubt, he IS the west. Just keep it hard and raw. I do not want R&B beats and love songs with callabos from singers singing all nice and swat through an autoo tune voice synthesizer. Leave that shizz to the chumps

5. RE: RE:

Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Westside_Ridah wrote:
    neilfy wrote:
    Westside_Ridah wrote:
    Lame Name. There are another MCs in the West who are very skilled too.
    Since it's 2010, It should be called 'The New Hip Hop Decade'. His album should have G-Funk production like in Lethal Injection and hardcore style like Death Certificate, if it's possible. Plus Cube should quit playing in lame children movies.

NO-ONE is going to do G-funk anymore, face it. it had it's time, and it had classics, but it's in the past. let it go! lol. also, all his albums have been 'hardcore', not just death certificate.

OK by your statement noone should do G-Funk anymore. So that means we can throw all Real Hip Hop MCs away, cause that real shit style aint that popular anymore.

no i'm not saying that, don't put words in my mouth. what i said was that it doesn't happen anymore. you don't hear rock n roll like it was in the 50s. you don't hear soul like it was in the 60s. the list goes on. look at ice cube's albums, they've all sounded differently production-wise. so don't get it twisted

also, why do you call g-funk "real shit style"? it's real because you like it??

6. RE:

Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM

wwwoooooowwww looks like there might be a dre beat on it. this shits gonna be banging

7. RE:

Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 4:27 AM

Can't wait for this shit to come out man. Cube is definitely the West. Can't wait to hear some more real life shit made into rap. I'm gettin this album first day release. Time to add another great album to the collection.

Ice Cube forever

8. RE: RE:

Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:20 AM

brandon90 wrote:
    Can't wait for this shit to come out man. Cube is definitely the West. Can't wait to hear some more real life shit made into rap. I'm gettin this album first day release. Time to add another great album to the collection.

Ice Cube forever

I Second That man.
    i let all you americans know what its like when i get it haha