Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Of course it is Cube, bitches. Ice rocks all the time. He is the Grand Wizard. Anybody who disagree with me, fuck you with yo fat mum! And yo, from west 2 east keep it gangsta baby!!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Man, we all know its Cube but your statement under the thread title is just bullshit, why start a thread when u wont allow anyone to give there opinion without being insulted.

2. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Fd0gZ wrote:
    Man, we all know its Cube but your statement under the thread title is just bullshit, why start a thread when u wont allow anyone to give there opinion without being insulted.

you are right man! we need right men like u! keep it gangsta bitches...

3. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Ice Cube is the Best for me cause he got lyrics gangsta flow and dope beats.
    But i think the icon of West Coast is Snoop and maybe Tupac.
    Snoop is an icon . When you said West you said Snoop at least in Europe.
    We can also say Snoop & Dre.

4. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Hi_Man wrote:
    Ice Cube is the Best for me cause he got lyrics gangsta flow and dope beats.
    But i think the icon of West Coast is Snoop and maybe Tupac.
    Snoop is an icon . When you said West you said Snoop at least in Europe.
    We can also say Snoop & Dre.

Very interresting man. I m just collecting some opinions cause i always thought that i m listenin' to the best rapper ever. Cube has original style. I would be rally satisfied if he was the icon of wc!

5. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:15 PM

cube, tupac, dre, snoop, eazy-e, too short, king Tee, rappin 4 tay, n.w.a and many more but cube is my favourite rapper

6. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:37 PM

irishyouth wrote:
    cube, tupac, dre, snoop, eazy-e, too short, king Tee, rappin 4 tay, n.w.a and many more but cube is my favourite rapper

can't forget Ice T, Cypress Hill, and D.J Quick but it's ICE CUBE hands down.
    THE WARFARE IS MENTAL........

7. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

The one and only true icon of West Coast rap is Tupac Shakur.

Other notables:
    Ice Cube
    Snoop Dogg
    Dr. Dre
    Xzibit
    Too Short
    E-40

8. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:17 PM

It has to be Cube. Most of the West Coast artists lists him as an influence. Even Tupac was a Cube fan.

9. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM

2Pac...all over the world!
    After Pac would be Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------Ca$hOnly---------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Yo people i heard Obama is good rapper too.

11. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM

IMO Tupac is the global icon of the West however I've always believed that Cube's the better rapper of the two. Also, it's pretty sad that MC Eiht doesn't warrant a mention. He's another legend in the game but i've never known anyone (besides on the internet) who has even heard of him.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the side!

12. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I like ice cube the most..but when we are talking about icons of the west..i`d say Tupac..Snoop Dogg (pimpin' style)...But ice cube, eazy e..they are legends..and i like them the most...

13. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:32 AM

nil8r153 wrote:
    IMO Tupac is the global icon of the West however I've always believed that Cube's the better rapper of the two. Also, it's pretty sad that MC Eiht doesn't warrant a mention. He's another legend in the game but i've never known anyone (besides on the internet) who has even heard of him.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the side!

There is a long list but like you said it's sad that most of the people can't named them.

14. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM

you guys still have to realize that 2pac was influenced by ice cube... and ice cube was influenced by the rappers in the 1980's when 2pac wasnt even there, and the first hit that made the gangsta rap genre in the west coast official was N.W.A straight outta compton when they got a letter from the FBI about the lyrics they were throwin out. After N.W.A started gangsta rap, in my oppinion ice cube kept it gangsta till 1980's until now, and he made the genre stay alive but of course u cant forget about other rappers, but ice cube constantly kept doing gangsta tracks, so if it wasnt for N.W.A and most importantly ice cube, then 2pac wouldnt have been influenced, he wouldnt have heard,understood what he wanted to rap about.. but thats my oppinion, i could be wrong lmao. In conclusion if you wanna know who the west coast icon is, its the man or men who made west coast hip hop, (i meen the genre) and that has to be N.W.A. They gave it hardcore lyrics, gangsta lyrics and political lyrics and that is what west coast hip hop is all about and thats what makes it unique and different then east coast or southside.

15. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Eveybody say's 2Pac is the Icon of teh West Coast. No dissrespect to Pac, but he is originally from the East Coast . He's lyrics and all taht stuff are dope, and Dre made him West Coast, no doubt! But my opinion stay's with Ice Cube, WC, The Game, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre. I would also say Eazy-E, but he wasn't taht much of a West Coast style. He was more like Old School Style!!!

16. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Yeah..he is from east coast..i forgot that..Anyway..there can not be ONE icon..they are all legendary (ice cube, dre, ezy e, mc ren, 2pac, biggie, snoop.....) respect!

17. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Ice Cube Hands Down...other then cube the game i would say
    *IceCube4Ever*

18. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:27 AM

yey yeyyyy

19. Re: Who is the icon of west coast rap?

Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:34 PM

well other than of course cube,
    dre
    snoop
    kurupt
    tupac (i dont wanna say it. i dont like it. but it has to be there)
    cypress hill