ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Look, I can't knock the old shit, but people change, and sometimes, they stay the same, but nobody recognised who they was in the first place.
Seriously, i think he might NEED a rhyme dictionary, cos he aint got nothing on the youngins coming up these days. I mean, he could keep spitting the same old lame shit, but times change, and it's alot easier to called out as a fake ass wanna be bitch ass punk these days than it use to be.

Anyway, like Jay_Z said, "I need my haters, I love my haters"
Well if he can rap about it, Why not?

May aswell, ya got nothin else to say worth listenin to.

BONeZ

BONeZ

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Is Ice Cube's newer music close to the strait gangsta shit from the early 90s? No. But you shouldn't hate, he's refocusing he talent in the movie business. Ice cube wrote the Friday series. He's good actor in all his movies, and he's such a good actor that mainstream film has used him in several "less cool" movies, but can you blame him for wanting to get paid? Dude has kids. Would you act in a pretty funny children's movie for a few million dollars? Hip-hop keeled over and died in the second half of the 90s. by then ice cube had like four albums out that you can listen to from beginning to end. other than a holy grail like Illmatic there's nothing out there you can just listen straight through. even the old Tupac stuff has a weak song here and there. Ice Cube did fall off, but nobody's survived the Big Commercialization with any dignity, but at least Cube broke into film.

Jus' sayin'.

2. Re: ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Makin children movies, does not necessarly means he sold out or he needs money, he always been a family man since the begining, he lived in the hood, but get a "family " education, maybe he just wanna do it or him.
    I love gangsta rap Killer Mike, NWA.... all thoose political songs with a strong message like Brother Ali.... I watch OZ, The Shield,Sons Of Anarchy and other "violent" tv shows as i can watch Disney tv shows.
    So what ? If Ice Cube did these movies is cause he wanted to.
    Now back to the subject, i think Ice Cube knows what he do cause if he didn't know you really think he would have a 20 years carrer like that?
    His last album wasn't that good, i guess he will takes note of that.
    But 1 mistake in a 20 years career, look at SNOOP how many time he sold out and everybody still loves him, that's disgusting.
    But that's not an excuse to make bullshit albums
    .Now Bonez, if i understand you wants Ice Cube to update his rhymes to faces the new generation?
    If i understand you i don't know if he needs to change cause his Laugh Now Cry Later album has been sold very well, he was spittin same old shit no?
    update yes, but he got to be careful to not actin like them but more talk to them, Jay Z is a good exemple of longevity.
    Even if Jay Z sold out by affiliation, didn't he responsible for Rihanna and all her techno bullshit songs?
    I think Ice Cube have to be in touch with the New West, he don' wanna be statin their lack of talent, but he really should, a great label with many signatures, useful signatures not like Dre....
    will be great.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Re: ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hip hop is like wine. the older the better

4. Re: ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:15 PM

GG Allin wrote:
    Is Ice Cube's newer music close to the strait gangsta shit from the early 90s? No. But you shouldn't hate, he's refocusing he talent in the movie business. Ice cube wrote the Friday series. He's good actor in all his movies, and he's such a good actor that mainstream film has used him in several "less cool" movies, but can you blame him for wanting to get paid? Dude has kids. Would you act in a pretty funny children's movie for a few million dollars? Hip-hop keeled over and died in the second half of the 90s. by then ice cube had like four albums out that you can listen to from beginning to end. other than a holy grail like Illmatic there's nothing out there you can just listen straight through. even the old Tupac stuff has a weak song here and there. Ice Cube did fall off, but nobody's survived the Big Commercialization with any dignity, but at least Cube broke into film.

Jus' sayin'.

At which point did you think i was hating on him for being successful.
    I got alotta respect for anyone who can inspire people to motivate themselves, profit from they god given talent and inspire people to see themselves with potential, rather than accept a label, degenerative perception or to give up and suffer.

Hey kid, I'm jsut stating an oppinion, I dont think my views even qualify as hating really.
    I will admit to being a major smart ass, but ay, i'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

I wonder how many other fans felt ripped off, like people who aint got that much, thrive off their love of culture and art, put $20 of the small time wage on a lousy c.d. and thought, " what a waste of money that was "

I havent even started on his acting, so dont bring it up, less ya want me top of course.

Best charecter was probably old matey from higher learning, he had substance (the charecter), he was intelligent, wise, patient, positive and mature with just the right amount of ruffness round the edges to let ya know, " ya best not fucking with me".
    But, that's a charecter. ( yeah i know, i cant spell.)

Dont even mention Tupac in the same sentence as Cube man, that's like comparing a Don with his capo.

Anyways, ya welcome to say as much as want.

BONeZ

BONeZ

5. Re: ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Hi-Man2.0 wrote:
    Makin children movies, does not necessarly means he sold out or he needs money, he always been a family man since the begining, he lived in the hood, but get a "family " education, maybe he just wanna do it or him.
    I love gangsta rap Killer Mike, NWA.... all thoose political songs with a strong message like Brother Ali.... I watch OZ, The Shield,Sons Of Anarchy and other "violent" tv shows as i can watch Disney tv shows.
    So what ? If Ice Cube did these movies is cause he wanted to.
    Now back to the subject, i think Ice Cube knows what he do cause if he didn't know you really think he would have a 20 years carrer like that?
    His last album wasn't that good, i guess he will takes note of that.
    But 1 mistake in a 20 years career, look at SNOOP how many time he sold out and everybody still loves him, that's disgusting.
    But that's not an excuse to make bullshit albums
    .Now Bonez, if i understand you wants Ice Cube to update his rhymes to faces the new generation?
    If i understand you i don't know if he needs to change cause his Laugh Now Cry Later album has been sold very well, he was spittin same old shit no?
    update yes, but he got to be careful to not actin like them but more talk to them, Jay Z is a good exemple of longevity.
    Even if Jay Z sold out by affiliation, didn't he responsible for Rihanna and all her techno bullshit songs?
    I think Ice Cube have to be in touch with the New West, he don' wanna be statin their lack of talent, but he really should, a great label with many signatures, useful signatures not like Dre....
    will be great.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi-Man2.0, Your alright.
    I dont even analyse anybody that much, i just listen to my cd's that's all.
    But you know, if ya wanna feed yaself all that tabloid business, that all good, not my cuppa tea though.

Check ya later.

BONeZ

BONeZ

6. Re: ICE CUBE FELL OFF

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM

GG Allin wrote:

Jus' sayin'.

Why are ya'll talking hollywood, man that's gotta be one of the most sordid industries in the world.
    I was talking bout him as a rapper, but ay, if ya all wanna go there, we can go there.
    Just let me know.

BONeZ

( maggot fucking directors )

BONeZ

Newsletter Signup