Give Your Take On The State of West Coast Rap.

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Let's hear it! Provide your insight on the state of west coast music. What happened to it? Where's it heading? Why so much hate on the west? Is the industry really scared of west coast rap? Let it be heard! From the good to the bad! wES WEs!!!
West Coast Beats -- Get you some!!!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Give Your Take On The State of West Coast Rap.

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM

There is no skills, no new talent , if it wasn't the OG's the west would be dead.
    The west needs fresh talents.

2. Re: Give Your Take On The State of West Coast Rap.

Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 7:50 PM

The west coast needs to do west coast music and quit trying go mainstream... The west coast rappers used to set their own trends, now the trends set what they do... There is still some talent but they aren't being heard and I noticed that mostly wack sh*t is being supported only because it's new, not because the rapper has skills... I don't know where the west is heading... I only listen to what i think is dope f*ck what's hot if I don't like it...

3. Re: Give Your Take On The State of West Coast Rap.

Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

West Coast rap will never be as good as it was in the late 80's and early 90's, but that's true for west and east coast rap. I do think there is some talent, take bishop lamont, Curtis Young (dre's son), Ice Cube's sons OMG and Doughboy and Game for instance. Also, Mack 10 and WC are still on fire and there is young mailay wich is good. The problem is, though these guys are good, there is nothing really special. No next N.W.A or Ice Cube. If the OG's stop rapping, west coast rap is in a coma, though not dead.
    Life without knowledge is death in disguise.

4. Re: Give Your Take On The State of West Coast Rap.

Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:40 PM

as much as i don't want to say this , the problem is lack of unity too , nwa was a group , snoop and dre did their own thing , and on top west need to do it's THANNG not tryin to be mainstream , that's what got west coast on map! detox may be a hope for a renaissance but right now , it's in a coma ! producers and rappers all should get together and get this shit started!

Newsletter Signup