BEEF

Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:58 PM

LOOK, IM NOT FROM THE U.S. AND I DONT REALLY GET INTO THIS WHOLE EAST COAST WEST COAST, OR THE WHOLE SLAGGIN EACH OTHER OFF ON ALBUMS THING, BUT, (AND I'M AWARE I COULD BE WRONG), DOESNT ANYONE CONSIDER ALL THIS COMPETITIVE BEEF JUST A REALLY GOOD MARKETING TECHNIQUE?
UP FOR DEBATE.
BONeZ.
BONeZ

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: BEEF

Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM

"fuck rap beefing, before I put you on my CD, I'll leave ass stinky." - Webbie

Marketing technique? Maybe not so much. Well maybe for studio gangsta's.

http://www.snailmymail.com

2. RE: BEEF

Sat, May 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Yes and not i think it's a commercial technique most of the time.
    When Ice Cube respond to NWA it was a real beef cause the foundation of the missunderstanding was real yu all know the story, Pac & Big or Jay Z & Nas is a real beef too but it was their ego, 50 cent versus Ja rule is a real beef more than the others cuz the beef started before the game: poeple of jamaica queens (50 cent) hates peoples of Ja rule's block this beef had also roots deep roots in the street cuz the real beef was between 50 cent & Kenneth Mc Griff a drug lord who financed Murder Inc trough his drug money( this man sells for 300 000 dollars a day of dope) so when 50 diss Ja about yu ain't a killer.... he diss kenneth mc griff to and more he almost snitch on a song Ghetto Qur'an where 50 explain to everybody how Kenneth Mc Griff makes his money clean that's for why 50 got shot 9 times by a killer paid 50 000 dollars.
    There is beef for nothin' like TI & Ludacris just TI is an asswhole a show off or 50 cent vs Kanye West they admitted together that it 's only commercial. Yu also have 50 cent vs Dipset.....
    The thing is how we definite as " fake" beef cause every beef have a commercial consequences so Ice Cube vs NWA it's a Rap beef but with no street affiliation or gang affiliation like Dr dre vs Eazy E .... the reason are here but no violence.
    You have the commercial beef who started with no real reason i think the beef between Ice Cube & G Malone but this one represent the feeling of the new west and the old one withan album for each one of them.
    Finally the real beef with violence, street affiliation, gang affiliation and death. Sometimes it s started on the Mic and finish with guns.
    You can watch BEEF the dvd.

3. RE: BEEF

Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:42 AM

this clips from beef about an old school beef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZoFnfyquE
    into ths shit since 86

4. RE: BEEF

Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:57 AM

I agree. It is a merketing technique to me. It brings attention to the rappers who choose to beef, but I don't think people take it seriously like they used to. Real beef was between Tupac and Biggie (which ended up killing them both), Ice Cube and Dr. Dre vs. Eazy E, Kurupt vs. Daz Dillinger (they are now working together again), LL Cool J vs. Kool Moe Dee, etc. Those were the real beefs that not only got people's attentions, but also had you on the edge of your seat waiting for more. I think the beefs got weak after Tupac and Biggie's deaths, because rappers realized that there were some people who was killing first and asking NO questions. Now, it's like rappers just pick out who they want to beef with. The beefs from the old days were also more personal. Just my opinion, though.

5. RE: BEEF

Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM

of course it never hurts especially if artist follow up on it yell

6. RE: BEEF

Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Sometimes it is sometimes it isnt...Ice Cubes beefs were real...but it sounds like this g malone tryin to dis ice cube shit is just for him to get noticed because its a freshman goin against a vet..

7. RE: BEEF

Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Just, Pac & Biggie were killed by Suge Knight not by the Beef.

8. RE: BEEF

Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

YEAH ALRIGHT, I READ ALL THAT,
    IM JUST A LIL STONER WHO, OUTA RESPECT FOR THE FACT THAT I CANT REALLY FORM AN OPPINION ON WAT I DUNNO AND STILL MITE WANNA BE OR MAY (ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.), KEEP A TIGHT LIP ON OPPINIONS FORMED THROUGH KNOWLEDGE BASED ON FACT AND NOT A NOT A FORCE FED FASHIONISTA VIEW OF A MENTALITY IVE NO INTENTION OF TRYING TO GRASP,
    I GOT THE, DARE I SAY RIGHT,
    TO IMAGINE SHIT THE WAY I SEE FIT
    AN IF I WANNA DRAW FROM A CREATIVE STRENGTH, WHICH BE RECOGNISING A POTENTIALLY, WELL THOUGHT OUT, UNITED FRONT FOR A FUCKING MARKETING TECHNIQUE, THEN THAS WAS THIS LIL STONER GON DO,
    COS I MAY NOT BE HEARING THEM SAME LYRICS LIKE YOU,
    ANYWAYS,
    THANX FOR YA OPPINIONS.
    BONeZ
    BONeZ

9. RE: BEEF

Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Ice Cube Apprentice wrote:
    Sometimes it is sometimes it isnt...Ice Cubes beefs were real...but it sounds like this g malone tryin to dis ice cube shit is just for him to get noticed because its a freshman goin against a vet..

True true
    *IceCube4Ever*

10. RE: BEEF

Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Beef is real but yeah at the same time it is used for marketing purposes unfortunately. Beef is healthy for hip hop, it was formed due to it.