Graduate school funding...

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Greetings,

I believe that you receive many emails and lettersfrom fans and supporters so I am very great full that you are taking time outto read this. My name is JenniferJohnson and I was accepted to New York University Tisch School of the Arts (Asia)Graduate Dramatic Writing Program this fall and will need financial support tocover the cost of housing, transportation and tuition. This opportunity would change my life becauseI would contribute to the preservation of African American history throughstorytelling and I will promote change in the way people view men and women ofcolor.

Writing, for me, started at an early age. From the third grade to my freshman year Iwrote short stories, poems, short plays, etc. In 2007, I wrote and submitted a screenplay that was selected as asemi-finalist for the 2007 OBS Screenwriter Competition and 2007 HollywoodBlack Film Festival Storyteller Competition. The following year I wrote my first teleplay and was selected to be a2008 ABFF Nickelodeon Writers Lab Participant. In 2009, I wrote a short film entitled Seven Minutes Rush that wasproduced and entered into 8th Urban Media Makers Film Festival winning the BestShortie Short Film award.

Although I have great faith that writing for film,television and the stage is my calling, I know that it will not be possiblewithout the help of gracious organizations like yours. I am asking for help in pursuing my dream andany support or information that you provide will help me to overcome thisfinancial barrier. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you again for yourtime and God Bless.

Jennifer Johnson

Replies to This Posting

1. There is nothing to display yet, check back soon.