KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM

That's my top 2 Emcees right there. I hope they work together some day, that's really a collaboration that should happen. They're both RAW, they're pionners. The best from each coast in my view. Some people are sleepin on the new KRS stuff but like Cube he's as good now as ever. Hip Hop Lives, An adventure into Emceein, Survival Skills, Meta-Historical. Sleepin on those is like sleepin on Raw Footage, Laugh now Cry Later and I Am The West. KRS is changing Hip Hop's future with his book The Gospel Of Hip Hop and the street knowledge movement generated by his followers; Some people are now Hiphoppaz like others are Buddhist. Somehow I feel that Cube should play somekinda role in this struggle for Hip Hop to rise as a nation and as a spiritual path. Overall KRS and Cube are linked because they are on the shortlist of Emcees that can appeal both to peace and Love conscious rap fan and to the most thugged out people out there.

Edit; Come to think of it, I had forgotton about Men of steel. I'm glad for that but KRS and Cube getting together just the 2 of them and puttin their mind into making something special... doesn't it sounds like a plan for one of the best track ever?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM

Yeah! It will be dope! Ah man! How many Mc's we wanna see together but..... I wanna see Cube with RBX .....
    I hope he gonna make a song with KRS.
    KRS is a very good Mc and i feel like the new generation don't show him enough respect!

2. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:11 AM

Le Scap wrote:
    That's my top 2 Emcees right there. I hope they work together some day, that's really a collaboration that should happen. They're both RAW, they're pionners. The best from each coast in my view. Some people are sleepin on the new KRS stuff but like Cube he's as good now as ever. Hip Hop Lives, An adventure into Emceein, Survival Skills, Meta-Historical. Sleepin on those is like sleepin on Raw Footage, Laugh now Cry Later and I Am The West. KRS is changing Hip Hop's future with his book The Gospel Of Hip Hop and the street knowledge movement generated by his followers; Some people are now Hiphoppaz like others are Buddhist. Somehow I feel that Cube should play somekinda role in this struggle for Hip Hop to rise as a nation and as a spiritual path. Overall KRS and Cube are linked because they are on the shortlist of Emcees that can appeal both to peace and Love conscious rap fan and to the most thugged out people out there.

Edit; Come to think of it, I had forgotton about Men of steel. I'm glad for that but KRS and Cube getting together just the 2 of them and puttin their mind into making something special... doesn't it sounds like a plan for one of the best track ever?

same as you!
    for me ICE CUBE is the no. 1 from the west coast and KRS-ONE is the no. 1 on the east coast
    and one more thing...they both won the "I Am Hip-Hop Award"...so that's an official statement that they are 2 of the best in hip-hop.

KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE on a beat by DJ PREMIER!!!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hip-Hop is like wine, older is better!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 8:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ur0LznXfGc Cube n Krs got together back in 97 with Shaq, B real n Peter Gunz.

4. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 2:11 PM

If that Collab is to happen, the DJ Premier beat idea sounds dope obviously, but I think it would be the perfect opportunity for KRS to get on phat West Coast production. Ya know, challenge him with the most west coast shit you can immagine! Get him somthing like the Smoke Some Weed beat or Do your thang! WAAAY WEST COAST!

C'mon Cube! Make it happen! Or else I'll catch cancer and ask for that as my last wish!

5. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:00 AM

lmao yeee, im getting into KRS one, iv never really listened to him, but i know hes not fake, just never had time to listen to him. yea collab with him would be pretty dope.

6. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:25 AM

That would be crazy for Cube and Krs to drop a track together. Even though they rap 100% differently they are similar in content for uplifting the community, wanting people to achieve their goals, and their dislike of the government.

7. Re: KRS-ONE & ICE CUBE

Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:47 PM

THE TEACHER AND THE GANGSTA ON THE SAME TRACK SOUNDS LIKE HISTORY IN THE MAKING
    DON B.O.B.