Production for Cube's new album?

Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM

I just wanted to get some feedback to see what sound us fans would like Ice Cube's new album to have. I've always been more of a fan of Ice Cube's classic sound (pre War and Peace albums) where he had either that classic westcoast sound or more of a raw hardcore sound, it seems like his last 2 albums have been more south sounding than west coast. Are you liking the new production style he's been using? Would you like his album to have more of a classic Ice Cube sound? If so what producers would you like to see him work with?

For me, I would like to hear him over some Sir Jinx style beats, some Battlecat, DJ Crazy Toones, Fredwreck, DJ Quik, Dj Muggs, DJ Pooh, the Bomb Squad (especially since his new album will be coming out 20 years after his first solo that was produced by the Bomb Squad). I don't mean I want his new album to sound all G-funked out because that wasn't really Ice Cube's main sound to begin with, I just want to hear him over some real west coast beats or just hardcore beats that don't sound like they should be on a south rappers album. I would also like Ice Cube to keep his features to a minimum and whatever features he does have I would prefer them to be west coast artists. What do ya'll think?
" Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin' " - DJ Quik

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Production for Cube's new album?

Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I think that it would be great to hear something like his classic stuff but it seems like cubes style has gone slower now maybe he could go back to faster but i dont know. i dont know who produced raw footage but i like it.
    maybe if he had a mixture on the album maybe something like death certificate with like a Then Side with all classic beats like that and a now side with some productions like raw footage.

2. RE: Production for Cube's new album?

Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:12 AM

JeremyGroth wrote:
    I think that it would be great to hear something like his classic stuff but it seems like cubes style has gone slower now maybe he could go back to faster but i dont know. i dont know who produced raw footage but i like it.
    maybe if he had a mixture on the album maybe something like death certificate with like a Then Side with all classic beats like that and a now side with some productions like raw footage.

That's a good idea, he could even call it "Then and Now" or something like that like he did with "War and Peace" but make it just one disc (double discs tent to have too many filler songs that should have been left out.)

" Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin' " - DJ Quik